Japanese Notan Art:

Today I picked a SLJ to do and I found Japanese Notan art interesting.

First step was to watch a video explaing the things I had to do (Kick start) then continue the step one by one.

Then one of the video explained that i had to make a DLO(Google Drawings)of my own Japanese Notan art Research. After finishing that I had to move on the the next DLO which is making my own digital Notan art, she explained how you can make one using the tools and explaing how we had to use the shapes or pictures we pick.

Lastly finishing both DLOs I then had to right a description for it when I blog it.

I did good at making my own digital Notan art but I need to approve more on doing better reserch.

I enjoyed it because I love art and this types of art was creative.

4 thoughts on “Japanese Notan Art:

1. Kia ora Loa,

It’s awesome to see you have started on the Summer Learning Journey. There are lots of fun activities available for you to complete. My personal favourites were
    Tangrams
    Holiday101
    The whenua activity from today (you get to go for a walk)
    Codes and ciphers

Check them out and see if you like any of them.

Great work on your description. I like how you included lots of information about how you completed the task. Don’t forget to include a question in your description. Some examples of good questions are…
    ‘Have you heard of Notan art before?’
    ‘What do you think of Notan art?’

I like how in your DLO you included some research. That’s great for both your learning and teaching others. For example, I didn’t know about Arthur Wellesley and how he was inspired by Notan art. I’ve learnt something new today. I even looked him up to learn a bit about him. He was the Duke of Wellington.

How did you find making Notan art? Was it challenging?’
    Do you like Notan art?

Miss Pryde
    SLJ

1. Thank you Anna for your comment and I personaly Thank you for the some of your suggestions they really help me with adding more intrest into my work.

2. Wow Loa!
    I am so very impressed – but definitely not surprised – with how well you completed this Summer Learning Journey task. In the research part of your DLO, I like how you’ve used the keywords from the questions to help you write your answers. That shows me you used your smart searching skills. Would you say Notan art could be one of your new favourite art styles? I think it would look quite effective on our classroom wall.

Keep going with the Summer Learning Journey!

1. Thank you Miss tele’a for your comment, I think Notan art might be one of my favourite art and maybe look nice around the classroom.